DHA Multan has been the most sought-after real estate project among local and overseas investors alike. The project promises the utmost luxury and has updated its town plan to further enhance the livability in society.
Quick-paced development at DHA Multan & DHA Multan Villas and the provision of amenities have boosted the already intense hype about the project. Many investors who purchased the plots in DHA Multan earlier are now offering their properties for sale to desirous parties, who are also very keen to hold a property in DHA Multan. This is why, it is inevitable for both parties, the seller and the new buyer, to undergo the Transfer process of DHA Multan.
The transfer process is quite easy. Nevertheless, many investors would want to eschew the seemingly intimidating details of the process. Here in this article, we have broken down the process step by step to make it seem less intimidating and more intelligible.
What steps are involved in the Transfer Process of DHA Multan?
We have described the transfer process of DHA Multan step-by-step below:
- Apply for No Demand Certificate (NDC)
- Request for Transfer Appointment
- Deposit Transfer Documents before Transfer
- Transfer Appointment
- Forwarding Letter
- Receive File
1. Apply for No Demand Certificate
The first step of the transfer process at DHA Multan is to obtain an NDC for the plot or file. NDC, No Demand Certificate, essentially ensures that the seller has paid all outstanding dues before the ownership is transferred.
This protects the interests of the buyer as he will not be responsible for any late payments on behalf of seller.
The NDC (No Demand Certificate) can be easily obtained from the DHA Multan reception office within about 5 working hours.
The validity of NDC has been increased to 45 days, which was previously only 15 days.
There charges for issuance of Normal NDC have been waived to zero (previously Rs. 2000) . However, the cost of Urgent NDC is Rs. 5000 (after Rs. 5000 waived off).
As a good practice, seller usually clears all dues before obtaining NDC so that there are no outstanding amounts.
However, if there is any outstanding amount in the NDC, the seller must clear all the outstanding dues at least one day before the transfer and include the receipts in the Set of Transfer Documents.
2. Request Appointment for Transfer
The Set of Transfer Documents (Transfer Set) is submitted at the reception for verification. The reception will give the transfer appointment for a specific day and time according to the SOPs of DHA Multan.
3. Submission of Transfer Documents Set
The Transfer Documents Set along with proof of payment for all government charges and membership fee is submitted at the reception before transfer. DHA Reception will keep the documents set and issue a receipt against the documents.
The receipt of to be presented in front of the Transfer Officer at the Transfer Appointment.
4. Transfer Appointment
Both seller and purchaser are required to visit the Transfer Office on the due date. The presence of seller and buyer is necessary as the thumb imprints and signatures of both parties will be taken. This step confirms the transference of property.
The transfer officer gives a “Forwarding Letter” to the seller which will serve as a proof of transfer for the buyer.
Documents required at the Time of Transfer
- Original transfer/ sale Deed
- Membership fee receipt
- Transfer fee receipt
- Seller’s Original CNIC
- Buyer’s Original CNIC
- Complete Set of Transfer Documents
5. Forwarding Letter
The Forwarding Letter istestimony by the seller that he has sold his property to the buyer. It is prepared during the transfer appointment by the transfer officer. This document serves as a proof of transfer for the buyer and is required to receive the file.
Why is the Forwarding Letter given to the seller and not the buyer? This is done to ensure that the payment is settled between both parties. Upon receiving the complete payment through pay order or transfer, the seller gives the Forwarding Letter to the buyer.
A specimen of the Forwarding Letter is attached below:
The forwarding letter is the transfer slip that proves that the buyer will receive the property file transferred in his name in the due time.
6. Issuance of File for Buyer
The buyer is required to personally receive the original file of his new property from DHA Multan’s office. He will present the forwarding letter or intimation letter, whichever is applicable.
Transfer Fee in DHA Multan
The amount of transfer fee varies with the size and location of plots. Stay Tuned for the amount of applicable transfer fee.
The FBR Rates have been updated for 5 & 8 marla sectors, 10 marla sectors, and 1 kanal sector in DHA Multan. The new FBR Rates are mentioned in the pdf document below:
DHA Multan has recently reduced the charges involved in the transfer process and optimized the policy to facilitate its investors. See the following details:
- Fee for normal NDC has been reduced from Rs. 2000 to NIL.
- Fee for normal NDC has been reduced from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 5000.
- Sub-office charges are reduced to NIL from Rs. 2000.
- Charges for “On behalf Documents” have been reduced from Rs. 34,000 to Rs. 15,000.
- Validity period of NDC has been increased from 30 days to 43 days.
- Normal NDC is issued to the applicant within 3 days.
- The transfer and installment plan for Service Plots has been increased from 3 years to 5 years.
- Executive Transfer allows the clients to attain allocation letter, NDC, and transfer a plot on the same day.
- The Fee for Issuance of NOC for Loan and Mortgage has been waived off to NIL from Rs. 5000 and Rs. 10,000 respectively.
- If the members who failed to submit the installments or downpayment by 30th April 2022 submit their dues by 31st May 2022, the surcharge would be waived off.
- If the members complete the construction milestones within the stipulated time, the development charges would be waived off.
- Open transfer has been allowed to DHA Multan’s registered realtors, The realtors are required to complete the transfer within 60 days.
- Registration Fee for EAS is reduced from R. 200,000 to Rs. 100,000.
- Annual Renewal fee has been reduced from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 25,000.
Documents Required for the Transfer Process of DHA Multan
Read on to find out what documents the involved parties would be required to submit. The specimen of the transfer documents set is available here.
Documents required by the buyer
The buyer or new owner of the property shall provide the following documents:
- Copy of National Identity Card (duly attested by Oath Commissioner)
- Membership form (acquired from DHA Reception)
- Membership Fee (of buyer/new owner)
- Transfer Fee Receipt
- 2 x Passport size photographs (duly attested by Oath Commissioner)
- Affidavit of the Purchaser (Specimen Affidavit)
- Sale Agreement (Applied by 1 Dec 2021)
Documents required by the seller
The seller shall be required to provide the following documents:
- No Demand Certificate (NDC) (acquired from DHA Reception)
- Copy of National Identity (duly attested by Oath Commissioner)
- Affidavit of the Seller (Specimen Affidavit)
- Original File of the Property – Allotment/ Allocation/ Intimation letters
- Proof of Payment of all outstanding amount in NDC
- Capital Gain Tax (CGT) – 1% (filer) or 2% (nonfiler) of DC value of the plot
- Stamp Duty – 5% of DC value of the plot
In case a property dealer is involved, the Registration Form of the property dealer will be required as well. Please note that only Authorized/Registered agents can assist in the transfer process.
Affidavit & Undertaking
Download the specimen for affidavit & undertaking for seller and buyer here:
The undertaking of both seller and buyer needs to be on stamp paper of Rs. 100 each.
Permission To Conduct Open Transfer (Regd Realtors DHAM):
DHA Multan has recently allowed Open transfer for a period of 60 days (max) including validity period of NDC to its registered realtor, Beacon Investment.
Realtor is required to submit an Affidavit to DHA that he would complete transfer within 60 days. The purchaser should complete all the within the allowed period.
What is an NDC?
NDC or No Demand Certificate is a document that shows any remaining and outstanding dues payable by the owner. The owner or seller needs to clear all dues before the transfer. NDC can be obtained from DHA Reception in a few hours on the same day.
No Demand Certificate (NDC) is the first step to initiate the process of property transfer in DHA Multan.
How long does the transfer process take in DHA Multan?
The normal case only takes around 1 week. The SPA cases may take 3-4 weeks at maximum depending on the limitations.
How to ensure the transfer of a property is secure?
If the society management approves all the documents of both parties and the process proceeds unobstructed, this itself ensures the transfer of a property is secure.
The forwarding letter ensures that the dues have been cleared on part of the seller and buyer guaranteeing the secure transfer.
Does the seller have to be present for the transfer?
Yes. Generally, both seller and purchaser are required to visit the Transfer Office for the transfer, wherein the thumb imprints and signatures of both parties will be taken.
However, if the owner lives abroad and cannot be present, a representative with General Power of Attorney will appear in his place.
Does the buyer have to be present for the transfer?
Yes. Generally, both seller and purchaser are required to visit the Transfer Office for the transfer, wherein the thumb imprints and signatures of both parties will be taken. However, if the buyer cannot present himself, a relative or friend can represent him at the transfer with the required documents.
Is there an urgent fee if I want to expedite the transfer process?
Check out the transfer charge sheet above.
What is Forwarding Letter?
The Forwarding Letter is testimony by the seller that he has sold his property to the buyer. It is prepared during the transfer appointment by the transfer officer. This document serves as a proof of transfer for the buyer and is required to receive the file.
What is my proof of transfer after the transfer date?
The transfer officer gives a “Forwarding Letter” to the seller which will serve as a proof of transfer for the buyer. The seller hands it over to the buyer after all dues have been cleared.
How does the transfer process work for overseas buyers?
The overseas Pakistanis can purchase a property in DHA Multan from abroad.
If the buyer cannot appear for transfer, he can appoint a Representative. The representative submits an undertaking that he is appearing on behalf of the buyer.
The following additional documents are required to authorise the representative:
- Attested copy of CNIC/ NICOP
- Attested copy of Passport with exit and entry stamps
- 2 x passport size photographs (attested)
- Undertaking by the Representative (Specimen)
What is the Sale Agreement?
The agreement of sale between the seller and the buyer, prepared on an Affidavit of Rs.1200. The document is required to be completed in all aspects and duly signed by Seller, Purchaser and concerned DHAM Authorised Estate Agent, and is to be submitted along with Transfer Set.
To inquire more about DHA Multan plots or the Transfer process, fill in the simple form below. We’ll contact you immediately.